- 1 Can you freeze pumpkin pie?
- 2 Does homemade pumpkin pie freeze well?
- 3 How do you freeze sliced pumpkin pie?
- 4 How do you reheat a frozen pumpkin pie?
- 5 What is the best frozen pumpkin pie to buy?
- 6 Is it better to freeze a pumpkin pie before or after baking?
- 7 Can you freeze pumpkin pie from Costco?
- 8 Can I make a pumpkin pie ahead of time?
- 9 Can you freeze pumpkin pie with whipped cream?
- 10 How do you thaw a frozen pumpkin pie in the oven?
- 11 How long can you freeze a store bought pumpkin pie?
- 12 Should you reheat pumpkin pie?
- 13 Should you thaw a frozen pie before baking?
- 14 How do you keep pumpkin pie crust from getting soggy?
Can you freeze pumpkin pie?
You can freeze a pumpkin pie before or after baking —though we recommend letting a baked pie come all the way to room temperature before freezing. This is because you want the pie to freeze as quickly as possible.
Does homemade pumpkin pie freeze well?
Good news: You can freeze pumpkin pies. Because of their rich custard fillings (read: high fat content), pumpkin pies, as well as other custard filling-based pies such as sweet potato, freeze beautifully.
How do you freeze sliced pumpkin pie?
How to Freeze Pumpkin Pie
- Use a recyclable aluminum pie pan.
- Allow the pie to cool completely after baking.
- Wrap the cooked and cooled pumpkin pie in several layers of plastic wrap.
- For extra security, finish with a layer of foil or tuck inside a freezer-safe zip-top bag.
How do you reheat a frozen pumpkin pie?
To reheat a frozen baked pie, thaw the pie in the refrigerator overnight and reheat (bake) in a 350°F oven till heated through. The crust will need to be shielded to prevent over-browning.
What is the best frozen pumpkin pie to buy?
I Tried 6 Frozen Pumpkin Pies and Here’s My Favorite
- Mrs. Smith’s Original Flaky Crust Pumpkin Pie.
- Sara Lee’s Oven Fresh Pumpkin Pie.
- Marie Callender’s Pumpkin Pecan Streusel Pie.
- Trader Joe’s Frozen Pumpkin Pie.
- Edwards Pumpkin Crème Pie.
- Marie Callender’s Pumpkin Pie.
Is it better to freeze a pumpkin pie before or after baking?
First, remember to bake the pie in a disposable aluminum pie pan. These thinner pie pans ensure that the pie will freeze faster and therefore avoid developing texture-ruining ice crystals. Second, cool the pie completely before you freeze it.
Can you freeze pumpkin pie from Costco?
You can buy a Costco pumpkin pie and freeze it until Thanksgiving. Because of the high fat content of the buttery crust, along with the custard-like filling, it’s the perfect pie to pop in the freezer in preparation for a big holiday.
Can I make a pumpkin pie ahead of time?
Note: If you use a store-bought crust, follow the instructions on the package for blind baking. Make Ahead: Pumpkin pie can be made one day ahead of time and refrigerated. Freezer-Friendly Instructions: The dough can be made ahead and wrapped in plastic and refrigerated for up to 2 days, or frozen for up to 1 month.
Can you freeze pumpkin pie with whipped cream?
Freeze the pie for up to a month. Remove the pumpkin pie from the freezer and keep it in the fridge 10-12 hours before you want to serve the pie. The plastic wrap may leave a few marks on the pie as it is removed; simply cover them up with a dollop of whipped cream or a sprinkling of cinnamon-sugar.
How do you thaw a frozen pumpkin pie in the oven?
Option 2: Thawing & Defrosting
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Unwrap the pie or remove from the freezer bag.
- If your pie has accumulated any frost during freeze time, be sure to brush that off to avoid extra moisture in your crust.
- Place the pie on a baking sheet and place into your oven.
How long can you freeze a store bought pumpkin pie?
In general, store-bought pies last about 2 to 4 days after their printed date in the refrigerator and about 6 to 9 months in the freezer. Pumpkin pies purchased from bakeries likely do not contain preservatives and, therefore, should be treated like a homemade pie.
Should you reheat pumpkin pie?
Pumpkin pie is made with eggs and milk; it must first be safely baked to a safe minimum internal temperature of 160 degrees Fahrenheit. The safest way to warm your pumpkin pie is to reheat it in the microwave for 10 to 30 seconds right before you are ready to eat it.
Should you thaw a frozen pie before baking?
Bake the pie frozen – do not thaw. Place a cookie sheet in your oven and preheat your oven to 425 degrees F. The cookie sheet helps to cook the bottom pie crust so it isn’t soggy, which can be a problem with foil pans. Bake at 425 degrees F for the first 15-20 minutes and then turn down to 350 degrees F until done.
How do you keep pumpkin pie crust from getting soggy?
5 Ways to Prevent Soggy Pie Crust
- Blind Bake. The most common way to ward off a soggy pie crust is by a process called blind baking.
- Brush With Egg.
- Brush With Chocolate.
- Bake on a Hot Baking Sheet.
- Keep Moisture Out.