- 1 What temperature should fish pie be when cooked?
- 2 How long does it take to heat up a fish pie?
- 3 Why does my fish pie go watery?
- 4 How long does fish pie last?
- 5 Can you reheat fish pie in the oven?
- 6 Can you eat fish pie cold the next day?
- 7 Do you cook fish pie before freezing?
- 8 Can you reheat fish pie with prawns in it?
- 9 How does Gordon Ramsay make fish pie?
- 10 What do I serve with fish pie?
- 11 Can you freeze Mary Berry’s fish pie?
- 12 Why does white sauce go watery?
- 13 How many times can you reheat fish pie?
- 14 Can cooked fish be reheated?
- 15 Can you refreeze fish after cooking?
What temperature should fish pie be when cooked?
Heat the oven to 200C/fan 180C/gas mark 6. Put 1kg potatoes, peeled and halved, in a saucepan and pour over enough water to cover them. Bring to the boil and then simmer until tender. When cooked, drain thoroughly and mash with a splash of milk and a knob of butter.
How long does it take to heat up a fish pie?
Heat up your fish pie for about three to four minutes, Be sure to check your fish pie and heat it for an additional two minutes if its not warm enough. You can increase the amount of time to warm up your pie. The time it takes for your pies to heat up will depend on their size and the number of your pies.
Why does my fish pie go watery?
For the fish pie if you are using raw fish and then pouring the sauce over before baking it could be that the fish is letting out some liquid as it cooks in the oven, which would also either thin the sauce or give it the appearnace of curdling. This may particulalry happen if the fish has been frozen and thawed.
How long does fish pie last?
If you’ve got leftover fish pie or you’ve been super organised and have made it ahead of when you’d like to serve it, you can store your cooked fish pie (once cooled) in the fridge for up to 4 days. Of course, like most dishes, its best served on the day its cooked for the full flavour and taste.
Can you reheat fish pie in the oven?
To reheat frozen fish pie in the oven, remove the plastic wrap and cover the fish pie with aluminum foil, baking at 350 degrees F for 1 ½ hours. To reheat a pre-cooked fish pie that has been thawed, bake at 350 degrees F for about 40 minutes, until it is entirely warmed through.
Can you eat fish pie cold the next day?
Can you eat fish pie cold the next day? If you’re in a rush, or you just like eating your fish pie cold (no judgments here), it is possible to do so, but only if it is a fish pie that has already been cooked.
Do you cook fish pie before freezing?
The fish pie will actually keep for a few days in the fridge but it’s best to freeze fish pie as soon as possible if you’re not sure when you’ll want to eat it next. Wait until the leftover fish pie is completely cooled before putting the freezer.
Can you reheat fish pie with prawns in it?
But if handled properly during storage and preparation prawns are safe to reheat. Make sure you put leftovers in the fridge within two hours of cooking and reheat and eat within three days after the first time they were prepared.
How does Gordon Ramsay make fish pie?
- 2 large shallots or 1 onion, peeled and chopped.
- 2 tbsp olive oil.
- 40g butter.
- 1 large thyme sprig, leaves only.
- 4 tbsp Noilly Prat or dry vermouth.
- 2 tsp Pernod (optional)
- 4 tbsp plain flour.
- 250ml fish, chicken or vegetable stock (a stock cube is fine)
What do I serve with fish pie?
Serve fish pie with…
- Just Salads. fennel salad. wilted gem lettuce.
- Something with Veggies. broccoli. corn. peas. carrots. cauliflower. sautéed spinach. sautéed cabbage. watercress. pancetta fried Brussels sprouts. bacon wrapped asparagus. sautéed haricort verts & pancetta. minted peas. glazed carrots.
- Something Fried. french fries/chips.
Can you freeze Mary Berry’s fish pie?
You can freeze the cooked pie for up to 1 month. Reheat in the oven at 200°C/180°C fan/Gas 6 for about 45 minutes. Mary’s wise words You can of course use just haddock, cod or salmon, or add a few prawns and some mussels too, if you prefer.
Why does white sauce go watery?
A white sauce will separate if there is not enough added thickener (usually flour or cornstarch) or if it is not heated long enough for the flour to thicken the sauce (it should be cooked and stirred until bubbly, then 1 to 2 minutes more).
How many times can you reheat fish pie?
Once it has been cooked, how often can you reheat it? Well the Food Standards Agency recommends only reheating food once, but actually several times is fine as long as you do it properly. Though that is not likely to improve the taste.
Can cooked fish be reheated?
You don’t have to throw out leftover fish fillets or shellfish after dinner. You can safely reheat seafood for up to 4 days after it has been cooked. The only challenge to reheating seafood is that it can dry out or get a fishy smell.
Can you refreeze fish after cooking?
You can refreeze cooked meat and fish once, as long as they have been cooled before going into the freezer. If in doubt, do not refreeze. Frozen raw foods can be defrosted once and stored in the fridge for up to 24 hours before they need to be cooked or thrown away.