- 1 How do you use a pudgy pie maker?
- 2 How do you make a pie iron over a fire?
- 3 What is the best hobo pie maker?
- 4 How long do pudgy pies take?
- 5 Do you need to season a mountain pie maker?
- 6 Can you use a pie iron in the oven?
- 7 Can you use a pie iron on a stove?
- 8 How do you clean a pie iron?
- 9 What is a mountain pie maker?
- 10 Where is Rome cast iron made?
How do you use a pudgy pie maker?
All you need to do is pile fillings between two pieces of bread, place the bread in the pie-iron, clamping it shut, and holding the whole thing over some open flames. Once the bread is toasted and the fillings are warmed through, you remove the sandwich from the pie iron and dig right in.
How do you make a pie iron over a fire?
Preparing this cast iron cooking tool:
- Start by seasoning the cast iron plates of the pie iron.
- Use hot water and dish soap to thoroughly wash the iron before using.
- Completely dry the iron.
- Next coat the entire pie iron with vegetable oil.
- Heat the iron over the campfire or grill for 15 minutes.
What is the best hobo pie maker?
Best Pie Iron, Hobo Pie, Pudgy Pie List
- Rome Pie Iron (Best for Camping) Rome Pie Iron are the classic Pie Iron.
- Toas-Tite 79357 Aluminum Sandwich Grill (Best Aluminum Model) For a Aluminum Model, consider the Toas-Tite model.
- Palmer Hobo Pie Iron Long Handle (Best Non Stick)
- Electrical Model and Variations.
How long do pudgy pies take?
Remove the pie iron from the fire, open it, place the sandwich inside and close the iron, trimming the crusts if necessary. Close the pie iron and place in or over the fire. Cook the pudgy pie for four to five minutes, turning the iron periodically for even cooking.
Do you need to season a mountain pie maker?
Seasoning a pie iron is not a difficult task, but it’s necessary if your pie iron is made out of cast iron. In fact, all cast iron cookware is seasoned the same way. Without proper seasoning, cast iron will rust or food will become stuck to it during use.
Can you use a pie iron in the oven?
Not only can you easily cook up grilled cheese, breakfast sandwiches and pizza with a pie iron, but you can also bake mini pies, cinnamon rolls and all kinds of sweet treats that you previously thought were impossible to cook outdoors.
Can you use a pie iron on a stove?
The pie iron is very simple to use and dose not require a fire. We suggest a grill but even a gas stove top would work.
How do you clean a pie iron?
Wash the pie iron with hot water and dish soap (this is one of the only times you’ll ever use dish soap on cast iron), then thoroughly dry it (do not leave it to air dry). Use a paper towel to rub the pie iron with oil or shortening (not butter or margarine). Be sure to cover every part of the pan, inside and out.
What is a mountain pie maker?
Mountain pies, also known as hobo pies, camper pies and campfire pies, are made by placing a favorite filling between two slices of bread that have been buttered, greased or oil on the outside and placed in a long-handled, metal tool that is held over a campfire until the ingredients are heated and the bread is fused
Where is Rome cast iron made?
Rome has been producing these irons since 1964, but now it’s China. I’ve had one for years, use it all the time, and it’s certainly qood quality, I can tell you that much.