- 1 What can I use if I don’t have pumpkin pie spice?
- 2 What is in Kroger pumpkin pie spice?
- 3 Can I use pumpkin pie spice instead of individual spices?
- 4 What is the difference between allspice and pumpkin pie spice?
- 5 Can I use pumpkin pie spice instead of cinnamon?
- 6 What can I substitute for allspice?
- 7 Can I use nutmeg instead of cloves in pumpkin pie?
- 8 What are the ingredients in allspice?
- 9 Why is it called Pumpkin Spice?
- 10 What is a good nutmeg substitute?
What can I use if I don’t have pumpkin pie spice?
Best substitute for pumpkin pie spice
- 2 tablespoons cinnamon.
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger.
- 2 teaspoons ground allspice.
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves.
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg.
What is in Kroger pumpkin pie spice?
Pumpkin Spice is an aromatic blend of organic cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg and cloves. Its well-rounded flavor is perfect for making a variety of pumpkin flavored desserts, drinks or savory dishes.
Can I use pumpkin pie spice instead of individual spices?
If a recipe calls for individual spices and you only have pumpkin pie spice, add up the volume (either teaspoons or tablespoons) of all individual spices and use that amount of pumpkin pie spice. This won’t be exact but is easy and effective!
What is the difference between allspice and pumpkin pie spice?
Is allspice the same as pumpkin spice? Not at all. Ground allspice (along with some other spices) is a standard ingredient to make pumpkin spice. If ever you come across any recipe that requires a combination of cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, allspice, and/or cloves, replace it with equal amounts of this spice blend.
Can I use pumpkin pie spice instead of cinnamon?
Substitutes for Cinnamon can range from spices with similar flavor profiles, such as nutmeg and allspice, to a whole blend of spices. Alternatively, apple pie spice and pumpkin pie spice blends often contain cinnamon and can serve as a good substitute in a pinch.
What can I substitute for allspice?
Whisk 3½ teaspoons ground cinnamon, 1¼ teaspoons ground nutmeg and a pinch of ground cloves, then use as a 1:1 replacement for ground allspice in a recipe.
Can I use nutmeg instead of cloves in pumpkin pie?
Clove Substitute: Pumpkin Pie Spice This is usually a blend of cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, cloves and sometimes allspice. It’s a great way to get that clove flavor if you don’t have a separate bottle of cloves.
What are the ingredients in allspice?
Instructions. In order to make 1 teaspoon, simply combine 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon, ¼ teaspoon of ground cloves and ¼ teaspoon of ground nutmeg. That’s it! Combining cinnamon, cloves and nutmeg in the right proportions creates the perfect homemade recipe for an allspice substitution.
Why is it called Pumpkin Spice?
Pumpkin spice is a blend of cinnamon, nutmeg, and cloves. It was originally called pumpkin pie spice, and as the name implies, was meant specifically for flavoring pumpkin pies.
What is a good nutmeg substitute?
8 Great Substitutes for Nutmeg
- Mace. Mace is the best option if you’re looking for a replacement for nutmeg, as both spices come from the Myristica fragrans tree.
- Garam masala.
- Pumpkin pie spice.
- Apple pie spice.