- 1 What is pumpkin pie spice mix made of?
- 2 What can I use if I don’t have pumpkin pie spice?
- 3 What spices does pumpkin pie spice contain?
- 4 Can I use apple pie spice instead of pumpkin pie spice?
- 5 What’s the difference between pumpkin pie spice and allspice?
- 6 What spices are in allspice?
- 7 Can I use pumpkin pie spice instead of individual spices?
- 8 Can I use pumpkin pie spice instead of cinnamon?
- 9 Can I use nutmeg instead of cloves in pumpkin pie?
- 10 Is pumpkin spice healthy?
- 11 How do I use pumpkin spice?
- 12 What flavors would you substitute if pumpkin spice weren’t available?
- 13 What can you substitute for ginger in pumpkin pie?
- 14 Why is it called pumpkin spice?
What is pumpkin pie spice mix made of?
Pumpkin Pie Spice is just a combination of those yummy “warm” spices that we all reach for in our fall and holiday baking. Cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, allspice and ginger -that’s it! Now whenever a recipe calls for the typical blend of fall spices like cinnamon, nutmeg, etc.
What can I use if I don’t have pumpkin pie spice?
Best substitute for pumpkin pie spice
- 2 tablespoons cinnamon.
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger.
- 2 teaspoons ground allspice.
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves.
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg.
What spices does pumpkin pie spice contain?
I bet you have all of the spices in your cabinet now: ground cinnamon, ground ginger, nutmeg, ground allspice, and ground cloves. You just have to put them together!
Can I use apple pie spice instead of pumpkin pie spice?
Pumpkin Pie Spice Substitute If you can’t find pumpkin spice or want to discover another fall flavor, consider using apple pie spice. Additionally, a combination of cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, allspice, and cloves can function as a suitable pumpkin spice substitute.
What’s the difference between pumpkin pie spice and allspice?
Nope. Pumpkin spice is a blend of several spices: cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, ground ginger, allspice, mace… some combination of these, usually heavy on the cinnamon. Allspice is made from ground allspice berries, so it is not a blend of spices, it is a singular spice.
What spices are in allspice?
Allspice gets its name because its scent is a blend of spices; cinnamon, nutmeg, and cloves. Although true allspice stands on its own, it’s easy to mimic this complex flavor if you don’t have allspice on hand. It can be added to savory and sweet dishes alike for a fragrance and flavor all its own!
Can I use pumpkin pie spice instead of individual spices?
If a recipe calls for individual spices and you only have pumpkin pie spice, add up the volume (either teaspoons or tablespoons) of all individual spices and use that amount of pumpkin pie spice. This won’t be exact but is easy and effective!
Can I use pumpkin pie spice instead of cinnamon?
Substitutes for Cinnamon can range from spices with similar flavor profiles, such as nutmeg and allspice, to a whole blend of spices. Alternatively, apple pie spice and pumpkin pie spice blends often contain cinnamon and can serve as a good substitute in a pinch.
Can I use nutmeg instead of cloves in pumpkin pie?
Clove Substitute: Pumpkin Pie Spice This is usually a blend of cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, cloves and sometimes allspice. It’s a great way to get that clove flavor if you don’t have a separate bottle of cloves.
Is pumpkin spice healthy?
Pumpkin spice, an autumnal blend of cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger and cloves, can be a healthy dose of antioxidants and antimicrobial agents, while pumpkins provide more than decoration and tradition—they are packed with important vitamins and minerals that boost our system.
How do I use pumpkin spice?
How to use Pumpkin Pie Spice
- Add to your morning bowl of oatmeal or overnight oats, pumpkin pancakes, waffles, or French toast, or your morning pumpkin protein shake.
- Use in these pumpkin muffins or this pumpkin bread.
- Add to this pumpkin pie or these pumpkin cheesecake bars.
What flavors would you substitute if pumpkin spice weren’t available?
The best substitute for pumpkin pie spice It usually includes cinnamon, nutmeg, and allspice, and is merely lacking the ginger you’ll find in pumpkin pie spice (via McCormick). If you don’t happen to have that on hand, you have two options. For a really simple substitute, you can try just using cinnamon.
What can you substitute for ginger in pumpkin pie?
If you don’t have any fresh ginger root, or you’re allergic to ginger, use an equal amount of allspice, cardamom, cinnamon, mace, or nutmeg. Pumpkin pie spice is another option to consider.
Why is it called pumpkin spice?
Pumpkin spice is a blend of cinnamon, nutmeg, and cloves. It was originally called pumpkin pie spice, and as the name implies, was meant specifically for flavoring pumpkin pies.