- 1 How much pumpkin pie spice do I use instead of individual spices?
- 2 How do I use pumpkin spice?
- 3 What does pumpkin pie spice replace?
- 4 Can you substitute pumpkin pie spice for allspice?
- 5 What is similar to a pumpkin spice latte?
- 6 Is pumpkin pie spice and allspice the same thing?
- 7 What goes well with pumpkin spice?
- 8 What flavors go well with pumpkin spice?
- 9 What is pumpkin pie spice made of?
- 10 Can I use nutmeg instead of cloves in pumpkin pie?
- 11 Can I use mixed spice instead of allspice?
- 12 How do I substitute allspice?
- 13 Can I use pumpkin pie spice instead of cinnamon?
How much pumpkin pie spice do I use instead of individual spices?
To use pumpkin spice instead of individual spices, add up the volume (likely, teaspoons) of individual spices and use that amount of pumpkin spice. How many teaspoons are in an ounce of pumpkin pie spice? There are 6 teaspoons in 1 ounce of pumpkin pie spice.
How do I use pumpkin spice?
How to use Pumpkin Pie Spice
- Add to your morning bowl of oatmeal or overnight oats, pumpkin pancakes, waffles, or French toast, or your morning pumpkin protein shake.
- Use in these pumpkin muffins or this pumpkin bread.
- Add to this pumpkin pie or these pumpkin cheesecake bars.
What does pumpkin pie spice replace?
For 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice, substitute: ¾ teaspoon cinnamon + ¼ teaspoon ginger, allspice, cloves, or nutmeg (whatever you have!)
Can you substitute pumpkin pie spice for allspice?
The fact that allspice is one of the ingredients in pumpkin pie spice is one reason that it makes a good allspice substitute. Pumpkin pie spice is a one to one substitute, so you would use exactly the same amount of it that your recipe specifies for allspice.
What is similar to a pumpkin spice latte?
From new arrivals to traditional pick-me-ups, here are 10 drinks that will convince you to push your PSL to the side.
- Dunkin’ Donuts’ Maple Pecan Coffee.
- Dunkin’s Hot or Iced Apple Cider.
- Starbucks’ Horchata Almond Milk Frappuccino.
- Starbucks’ Caramel Apple Spiced Latte.
- Starbucks’ White Chocolate Mocha.
Is pumpkin pie spice and allspice the same thing?
Is allspice the same as pumpkin spice? Not at all. Ground allspice (along with some other spices) is a standard ingredient to make pumpkin spice. If ever you come across any recipe that requires a combination of cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, allspice, and/or cloves, replace it with equal amounts of this spice blend.
What goes well with pumpkin spice?
What Goes Well With Pumpkin?
- Spices: nutmeg, cinnamon, allspice, cloves, ginger, chilies, Cajun spice, cayenne, pepper, and vanilla.
- Dairy: cream cheese, cream, milk, butter, whipped cream, browned butter, and vanilla ice cream.
- Savoury: almonds, pecans, walnuts, hazelnuts, rice, and oats.
What flavors go well with pumpkin spice?
Ginger: Ginger often plays a supporting role in pumpkin spice mixes, but it deserves it’s own time in the spotlight. Mix your pumpkin with freshly-grated ginger for a spicy, sweet treat. Chili Powder: A good chili spice blend brings out the warm, savory notes in pumpkin. It’s pumpkin like you’ve never seen it before.
What is pumpkin pie spice made of?
Pumpkin Pie Spice is just a combination of those yummy “warm” spices that we all reach for in our fall and holiday baking. Cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, allspice and ginger -that’s it! Now whenever a recipe calls for the typical blend of fall spices like cinnamon, nutmeg, etc.
Can I use nutmeg instead of cloves in pumpkin pie?
Clove Substitute: Pumpkin Pie Spice This is usually a blend of cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, cloves and sometimes allspice. It’s a great way to get that clove flavor if you don’t have a separate bottle of cloves.
Can I use mixed spice instead of allspice?
Mixed spice is much milder than Allspice, and although they are used in similar recipes, we don’t consider them to be interchangeable. For more details on the history, the plant and its processing and use, see The Spice & Herb Bible 3rd Edition.
How do I substitute allspice?
As a substitution for 1 teaspoon of allspice, you can use 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon, 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves, and a pinch of ground nutmeg.
Can I use pumpkin pie spice instead of cinnamon?
Substitutes for Cinnamon can range from spices with similar flavor profiles, such as nutmeg and allspice, to a whole blend of spices. Alternatively, apple pie spice and pumpkin pie spice blends often contain cinnamon and can serve as a good substitute in a pinch.