- 1 What temperature should I bake my pie?
- 2 What temperature should baked sweet potatoes be?
- 3 How do I know when my sweet potato pie is done?
- 4 How long do you bake sweet potatoes for at 400 degrees?
- 5 How do I know when my pie is done?
- 6 Where should oven rack be when baking a pie?
- 7 Can you overcook sweet potatoes in the oven?
- 8 Is it better to bake or microwave sweet potatoes?
- 9 Do sweet potatoes take longer to bake?
- 10 How can I tell when my pumpkin pie is done?
- 11 How do you know when an egg custard pie is done?
- 12 Can sweet potato pie sit out overnight?
- 13 Should you poke holes in sweet potatoes before baking?
- 14 Why is my sweet potato hard in the middle?
- 15 What can I put on top of sweet potatoes?
What temperature should I bake my pie?
Most fruit pies bake at a temperature between 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) and 450 degrees F (230 degrees C). Some recipes call for baking the pie in a 450 degree F oven to begin with, then turning down the oven to about 350 degrees F.
What temperature should baked sweet potatoes be?
Technically, you want them to be between 205 to 212 degrees F. in the thickest part of the potato when they’re done. Baked sweet potato microwave version: Although it’s not my favorite way, you can definitely cook a sweet potato in the microwave with decent results!
How do I know when my sweet potato pie is done?
Follow these tips:
- When done, give the pie a nudge. The center of the pie should have some give; it should jiggle slightly in the center.
- The pie has an internal temperature of 175°F on an instant-read thermometer when done.
How long do you bake sweet potatoes for at 400 degrees?
Preheat oven to 400 °F. Cover a rimmed baking sheet with foil. With a fork, pierce the sweetpotatoes all over; place on foil and bake until fork tender, 45-60 minutes.
How do I know when my pie is done?
Tip: What’s the best way to tell if your pie is done? For fruit pie, the top crust will be golden brown, and you’ll be able to see filling bubbling around the edges and/ or through the vents. For best results, let the filling bubble for at least 5 minutes before removing the pie from the oven.
Where should oven rack be when baking a pie?
A pie’s place in the oven is on the bottom rack. The worst mistake you can make with your pie is under-baking the bottom crust—it makes for a soggy, doughy mess. Baking your pie on the bottom rack will ensure that bottom crust gets nice and golden brown.
Can you overcook sweet potatoes in the oven?
You can bake or boil your sweet potatoes for sweet potato casserole. If you’re boiling, make sure to cut your sweet potatoes into equal-size pieces so they cook at the same rate. (Another hot tip if you’re boiling your sweet potatoes: Don’t overcook them! They tend to absorb water, which could make the filling watery.)
Is it better to bake or microwave sweet potatoes?
It’s really the best way. Microwaving sweet potatoes cuts down cook time by 45-55 minutes, and helps maintain nutritional value. Baking a sweet potato in the microwave preserves far more nutrients (folate, vitamins A and C) than boiling it, for example.
Do sweet potatoes take longer to bake?
As a rule of thumb, russets take slightly longer to cook than sweet potatoes. But your cooking method makes a difference in cooking times – sometimes russets and sweet potatoes can cook in the same amount of time. Size also matters, because a large sweet potato may take more time to cook than a tiny russet.
How can I tell when my pumpkin pie is done?
The classic knife test is the easiest and most foolproof way to tell if your pumpkin pie is done. Simply insert a knife near the center of the pie. If the knife comes out clean, your pie is done.
How do you know when an egg custard pie is done?
When the edges are firm, but the center jiggles gently when you shake the pan, your pie is done. Turn the oven off immediately, open the door—propping it open with a wooden spoon if needed—and leave the pie in the oven until both have totally cooled off.
Can sweet potato pie sit out overnight?
Bacteria grow rapidly at temperatures between 40 °F and 140 °F; cooked sweet potatoes should be discarded if left out for more than 2 hours at room temperature. After baking, pie should be left at room temperature as the cooling process normally takes 2-4 hours.
Should you poke holes in sweet potatoes before baking?
Do you poke holes in potatoes before baking? Yes!!! In all honesty, we’ve never had a potato explode, but we’ve heard the horror stories. Poking holes in the potato helps steam to escape which will hopefully prevent potatoes being splattered all over your oven.
Why is my sweet potato hard in the middle?
Storing them in the refrigerator It’s too cold in there, which changes the potato’s cell structure and makes them hard in the center (even after you cook them). The best way to store sweet potatoes is to find a cool, dark area and they’ll cook up soft and sweet, every time.
What can I put on top of sweet potatoes?
- Brown sugar, cinnamon, butter and salt.
- Maple syrup, butter, and toasted pecans.
- Sour cream, chives, salt, and pepper.
- Blue cheese, walnuts and honey.
- Mini marshmallows, brown sugar and cinnamon (pop it under the broiler to toast the marshmallows a bit)
- Beef, Turkey or Veggie Chili.
- Sloppy Joe meat.