- 1 What are pie pans used for?
- 2 What can I use if I don’t have a deep pie dish?
- 3 Can you put disposable pie pans in the oven?
- 4 Which is better glass or metal pie pan?
- 5 What is the best pan to bake a pie in?
- 6 Can I bake pie in foil pan?
- 7 Should I line a pie dish?
- 8 How do you make individual pies without tins?
- 9 Can you make a pie in a Pyrex dish?
- 10 Can I use a 9×13 pan instead of 8×8?
- 11 Can you bake a cake in a pie dish?
- 12 Should you bake pies on a cookie sheet?
- 13 How do you bake in foil pans?
What are pie pans used for?
Pie plates are used to bake single crust and double crust pies. They are also available in a deep-dish variety that has slanted sides that are 2 to 2 1/2 inches deep and range from 9 to 11 inches in diameter. The deep-dish pie plate is most often used to bake a savory dish. A pie plate is also referred to as a pie tin.
What can I use if I don’t have a deep pie dish?
5 Other Pans to Bake a Pumpkin Pie In
- Cake Pan. An eight- or nine-inch cake pan is an easy pie pan substitute, as it has the same shape and volume as a pie pan.
- Tart Pan. A tart pan is my favorite substitute for a pie pan, especially if it has a removable bottom.
- Springform Pan.
- 13×9 Pan.
- Muffin Pan.
Can you put disposable pie pans in the oven?
One key to baking a great pie is having a foil pie pan. In these cases using a disposable aluminum foil pie pan is a substitute that can work just as well. Preheat your oven to the desired temperature. Some recipes call for 350 degrees F., while others a little higher depending on the type of pie.
Which is better glass or metal pie pan?
Although metal pans conduct heat better, glass more than makes up for that because it is clear, so radiant energy can pass through the pan and help the crust bake. That means that although glass takes slightly longer to reach the same temperature as the oven, it cooks crusts faster and darker.
What is the best pan to bake a pie in?
The Best Pie Plate
- Our pick. OXO Good Grips Glass 9″ Pie Plate With Lid. The best pie plate. At 2 inches deep, this dish holds more than most glass plates we tested.
- Also great. Emile Henry 9-Inch Pie Dish. A prettier deep-dish pie plate.
- Runner-up. Pyrex 9″ Glass Pie Plate. A shallower pie plate.
Can I bake pie in foil pan?
Ceramic, stoneware and glass pie pans are also excellent conductors; and can serve as holders for foil pans in the oven. Another option would be to bake the pie for about 15 minutes at 450 F., then lowering the temperature to 350 F. for the remaining baking time.
Should I line a pie dish?
For a tender flaky pie crust, do not oil or grease pie pans. Greasing the pan will change the texture of the crust. If you want to remove the pie from the pie for serving, lightly grease the pie pan with Pan Release or lightly spray with cooking spray before lining it with the pastry.
How do you make individual pies without tins?
Using Jus-Rol™ Frozen ready rolled Shortcrust Pastry Sheets – which come in two discs – it is possible to make a quick pie without using a pie dish or tin. Unroll one pastry disc and lay on a piece of baking paper, pile your chosen filling on to the pastry leaving a border all round.
Can you make a pie in a Pyrex dish?
Glass rules: Glass takes its time to heat and heats evenly which makes it a perfect candidate for virtually any pie you’re making. Pyrex: Glass heats slowly and allows heat to build gradually and spread evenly, so my Pyrex tends to be my go-to plate. Bottom-crusts on fruit pies come out crisp and custards cook evenly.
Can I use a 9×13 pan instead of 8×8?
Can you double a 8×8 recipe? This particular recipe should double with no issues – a 9×13 pan is approximately twice the size of an 8×8, so twice the amount of ingredients will spread out perfectly.
Can you bake a cake in a pie dish?
Any cake pan or pie plate of similar size will do just fine as a substitute for a springform pan. And lining the pan with foil or parchment paper first will make it easy to gently lift the cake out when it’s done.
It’s always a good idea to bake pies on a baking sheet. Not only does it make it easier to get the pies in and out of the oven, but a sheet pan will catch any filling that bubbles over.
How do you bake in foil pans?
How to line a baking pan with aluminum foil?
- Cut a generous amount of foil.
- Flip the pan over on the counter.
- Remove the mold carefully while protecting its shape.
- Flip the pan over again.
- Press gently in the corners.
- Grease the foil if the recipe calls for it and you are all set to pour your batter and bake.